Fast paced company seeking in the North County area a Staff Accountant. The potential candidate will have high visibility to management, will report to the CFO, and assists the company in administering the company's accounting policies and procedures. The Staff Accountant will have responsibilities for performing month-end close processes which include posting journal entries, reviewing and reconciling income statement and balance sheet accounts, and analyzing profit and loss statements following standards that ensure the accuracy of the accounting records.
Must have experience with reports writing and financial reporting/analysis. Experience with Great Plains is a PLUS
- Prepare accounting related entries
- Ensures balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed and completed timely
- Ensures all debits and credits assigned are accurately entered for month-end close
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Account receivables and Performing bank reconciliations
- Cash management to include wire transfers
- Assist with financial reporting process for internal management reporting
- Follow company's established accounting processes
- Partners with functional teams/groups
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
- Prepare documentation for external audit
- Act as a back-up for the complete processing of payroll
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Must have strong Financial Reporting and Financial Statements experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Must possess basic math skills, the ability to analyze figures, knowledge of accounting principles and excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
- Knowledge of computers and familiarity with accounting software is also essential.
Redline Resources, Inc and Redline Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and any other factor protected by applicable law