- Responsible for the fund accounting functions for investment partnerships and accounts
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
· Maintain the accounting ledgers for private equity funds and related investment vehicles.
· Review, or prepare, quarterly and annual financial statement packages, including investor reporting.
· Review individual partner capital statements.
· Calculate and review quarterly management fee and carried interest waterfall calculations.
· Submit expense reimbursements and determine expense accruals for the funds.
· Manage the funds’ cash balances to determine the need for capital calls, distributions.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· BA/BS in Accounting/Finance with high GPA
· 3-5 years of experience working for a financial services firm or top tier accounting firm.
· CPA preferred.
· Accounting experience in private equity, hedge funds
· Knowledge of partnership accounting
· Financial reporting, auditing, and tax knowledge.
· Experience with investment partnerships, mutual funds, brokerage firms or investment banks helpful.